We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
Longlands Care home provides exceptional levels of support in nursing, residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in Daventry, and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evokes a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a Care & Support Assistant, you’ll support those in the local community who may be living with a mental or a physical disability. You’ll give them whatever level of support they need – from helping them to choose the right outfit to delivering personal care including washing them or brushing their teeth. You’ll get to know our residents by talking to them. You’ll help with their medication, mealtimes, organising and taking part in activities and generally ensuring all those we support are living their best lives.
Shifts: 8pm-8am, 4 week rolling rota.
Full or Part time hours can be considered.
- Experience of working in the care profession is desirable, but training will be provided.
- The role involves working closely as part of a team to provide practical personal and emotional support to people that have a range of complex high individual support needs, learning difficulties, physical disabilities, health and social care needs.
- The ability to assist to manoeuvre people as required, using levels of physical effort is essential.
- You will need the ability to cope under pressure, work flexibly, be reliable and patient.
- Having a sound understanding of good care principles, sensitivity and discretion is an important part of the role.
- The role will include showing respect for people’s different backgrounds and understand how this may affect the way their care and support is best provided.
- To apply for this role, you require a satisfactory enhanced DBS, which we supply.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.