Printcraft is a vertically integrated part of the Card Factory plc, located in Baildon, near Bradford. We are a trusted high street brand and retailer with over 1000 stores nationwide. Printcraft manufactures over 70% of all our greetings cards sold within our own stores nationally and internationally. It is a forward-thinking business with the state of the art equipment operating a large production site working 24/7. We produce over ¼ billion items per year on ultra-modern equipment.
The business is in an exciting phase of growth with a multimillion pound investments programme already placed to cement our success for the next phase of our strategy of Omni-channel and international growth. This is a great time to join this company as it transitions into a new era and allows individuals to develop and grow with the business.
Scope and purpose of the role
This role is ideal for a forward thinking, talented and highly driven individual who wants to both help the business progress in a technological and automated environment and also develop themselves further in their career and help to inspire others to follow in driving efficiency and growth into the way we currently work. Working within a small team the individual will head up both our existing equipment maintenance programmes, work with existing suppliers to keep productivity at optimum levels and develop new ideas and practices to continually improve the business.
This role has great development opportunities to work within an organisation that has both the feel of a small independent business but the scale and financial strength of a FTSE PLC organisation to really create a difference.
- Machine breakdowns and preventative maintenance to optimise and improve production uptime, this will include both mechanical and electrical knowledge to problem find and resolve in a timely manner and prioritise on your own ability.
- Robotic maintenance and basic programming – (training can be given but a willingness to learn has to be available from the candidate)
- Building maintenance work handled either in-house or by 3rd party suppliers.
- Stock management of all spare parts including ordering and replenishment of spare parts to an agreeable level critical to the business.
- Sourcing alternative spare parts at more competitive prices without effecting quality of performance.
- Forward thinking to look at continual machine improvement.
- To maintain and work alongside in-house Health and Safety personnel to safeguard all employees in their duties while in the workplace.
- Working alongside existing machine suppliers and also developing new relationships.
Day working but with stretch occasionally as occasional business requirements may need.
- Excellent all-around electrical and mechanical knowledge of general modern machinery and robotics.
- Have City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent qualifications in either electrical or mechanical discipline
- Good overall knowledge of robotics and pneumatics including programming and general repairs.
- Excellent team working skills with a positive can-do attitude and willingness to train and develop others.
- Understanding problems and having the ability to design solutions to solve problems to maintain machine efficiency
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and also work with 3rd party companies.
- The candidate will be apprenticed trained and ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment
Up to £43,000 DOE