Salary: £12.50 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Spice up your next career move!
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Chef to help us create an exceptional food experience for ESS (The MoD, Government, Offshore & Medirest arm of Compass Group K & Ireland LTD); on a 35 hour contract. You will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients/customers’ day for the market-leading food service company in the UK. With ESS you will be provided every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients/customers.
Overseeing and implementing menu changes.
Identifying opportunities to improve our food services.
Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services.
Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts.
Representing ESS and maintaining a positive brand image.
Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked.
Overseeing kitchen food safety and maintaining hygiene standards.
Food Handling, Hygiene, and Health and Safety regulations compliance.
More about the role, could you bring your passion and culinary skills to ESS? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
The role is predominantly weekends providing a food service operation for Cadets and Reservists and may require overnight stay to support the food service output to our customer base.
Rates of pay (ROP):
£12.50 basic hourly rate, ROP is further enhanced where you are required to work outside of the Exeter area. There is an additional £25 meal allowance and £30 per night for each night stay away from home. Home Activation Exeter Area (Wyvern Barracks Exeter)
Our ideal Chef candidate will:
- Be passionate about producing great tasting food and exceptional customer service.
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent.
- Be a Team Player and have experience supervising a team.
- Hold a Food Hygiene certificate.
- Have a flexible approach to working.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence (Preferred but not essential).
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you, apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.