Our Finance team is responsible for generating precise and timely financial records for the entire group, aiding our Management Team in informed decision-making. This role is ideal for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are adaptable to change, and excel in managing priorities and meeting deadlines.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in various month-end tasks, encompassing revenue, cost, and balance sheet reconciliations. They will be responsible for the production of P&L and Balance Sheet reports, offering insightful variance commentary, and providing support during the year-end audit.
Given our current business landscape, characterised by significant acquisition activity, the role involves working across multiple systems and collaborating with dispersed teams throughout the UK.
We seek a qualified accountant with a robust understanding of financial accounting, a sound knowledge of revenue recognition, and a naturally inquisitive approach to management reporting. Effective communication and prioritisation skills are crucial, as the role involves managing stakeholders and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What will you be doing?
As a Management Accountant within this team, you will be responsible for various tasks to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial information. Your key duties include:
- Ensuring the accurate production of monthly financial reports by efficiently closing books and executing month-end actions.
- Conducting monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Collaborating closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team to analyse results and provide valuable insights.
- Mentoring the Assistant Management Accountant to facilitate their progression into a future Management Accountant role.
- Handling deferred revenue, accruals, and prepayment journals.
- Contributing to the annual audit process, collaborating with auditors on testing.
- Assisting the Assistant Management Accountant with more complex customer queries.
- Providing support to the Finance Manager on various ad hoc assignments.
- Generating quarterly VAT returns.
- Coordinating with other Group companies regarding inter-company transactions.
- Establishing relationships with other functions and key stakeholders to promote collaboration across the business.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideal for candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, or qualified by experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, e.g., VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Experience in producing P&L and Balance Sheet reports.
- Proficient in working across multiple software systems.
- Robust understanding of financial accounting.
- Sound knowledge of revenue recognition.
- Familiarity with month-end tasks, including reconciliations.
- In-depth involvement in the year-end audit process.
- Knowledge of deferred revenue, accruals, and prepayment journals.
- Familiarity with VAT return generation.
- Experience with inter-company transactions.
- Experience in managing a direct report (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational abilities with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and personable.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Quick adaptability to change.
- Ability to work efficiently under strict deadlines.
- Collaborative team player.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Location: UK Remote