College Support Worker – Beaumont Sussex
Salary/Rate: up to £10.70 – £11.95 per hour (dependant upon experience)
Term Time only (39 weeks). Permanent role. Monday – Friday 10.45am – 2.00pm (1.45pm finish on one day).
Based at Beaumont Sussex, which is within the grounds of Ingfield Manor, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
Beaumont Sussex is a West Sussex based, newly set up satellite provision of Beaumont College, which is based in Lancaster.
Beaumont College has an excellent reputation through its existing satellites of providing a person-centred curriculum to young people with physical and learning disabilities, aged 19 to 25 years.
Within the idyllic grounds of Ingfield Manor, Beaumont Sussex will provide exceptional learning opportunities to support young people fulfil their potential and prepare for the transition to adulthood. Facilities include woodland and outdoor classroom space, bespoke classroom environment and swimming pool.
We are currently recruiting college support workers to join our newly formed college team. Support workers are involved in all aspects of the student’s day. Groups comprise of approximately 6-8 students.
- Participate actively in creating an appropriately stimulating learning environment for students in accordance with the college's ethos.
- Implement group and individual educational programmes for students under the direction of the lead tutor / centre manager and to be involved in associated planning and preparation.
- Contribute to the development of the overall programme for the group of students.
- Contribute to writing individual aims for students.
- Have responsibility for maintaining all records for specific students.
- Be involved in all aspects of the students’ day.
- Provide good standards of physical and emotional care including personal care and delegated healthcare tasks.
- The work involves the physical facilitation of students and the moving of furniture and equipment
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. Therefore, we look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the young people we support.
Beaumont college is committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment.