Salary: £9.50 – £10.48
Shift hours: Full Time
- Receive, process and distribute incoming goods as required.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries and paperwork conform to customer orders and
- Receive, process and distribute / despatch internal and external mail items according to
requirements and procedures.
- Process shipping Paperwork for shipments of goods to external businesses worldwide.
- Ensure that all received items are undamaged and examined appropriately according to
safety and security requirements.
- Operate and maintain computerised databases and systems to ensure that administration requirements and reports are accurate and complete.
- Operate equipment (e.g. franking machines, x-ray inspection machines, mechanical handling equipment, compactors) according to instructions and procedures.
- Provide support and cover for all zonal operations as required and to other departments as requested and reasonable.
- Ensure that all necessary tracking and recording databases and records are completed accurately to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
- Carry out, assist with or advise on, any request to move items in, around and between business premises on behalf of the client
- Perform routine daily duties for the collection and correct disposal of recycling and general waste streams as required.
- Pick and deliver solvent and consumables to lab areas using correct safety precautions and techniques.
- Drive and operate departmental and company vehicles as required.
- Ensure regular safety checks of equipment and machines used during the working day are carried out, results recorded and defects or faults reported.
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface..
- To undertake any reasonable additional requests made by Team leaders, Supervisors or Managers to ensure that the overall contract service standard is maintained.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required
- To remove various waste streams (hazardous and non hazardous) from laboratories and ensure that they are disposed of correctly according to working procedures
- To autoclave bio-hazardous wastes. Operating autoclaves, running set programmes
- To exchange gas cylinders in the supply banks to ensure continuous supply to the laboratories
- To maintain cardice supplies to laboratory areas and other locations on site
- To assist with the movement of the liquid nitrogen pressure vessels and dewars on site
- To support the functions of the FO, SF01 and SF02 positions if required
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The logistics operative is expected to perform at a competent and high level in all competencies
- Customer & Client Focus: Deliver exceptional customer service to build valuable long
term relationships with customers and clients.
- Impact and Influence: Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately
- Continuous Improvement: Seeks to continuously raise standards and improve quality of
performance and service.
- Working with others: Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the
desired results. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and management; •
Team work is key in this role.
- All goods are processed and delivered within 4-8 hours upon receipt
- Complete monthly inspections of all areas Logistics are responsible for.
- Complete training matrix for staff within GMS logistics team.
- Adhere to site training requirements
- Indentify areas for improvement within the R&D and GMS team
- All outgoing shipments processed and recorded each day
- All waste solvent removed from the building in a timely and efficient manner
- All stock consumables book in/out each day according to stock management process
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Client and customers feedback
- Customer satisfaction
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong customer services skills and experience
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Strong team player within a high quality customer service operation
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- General good health / fitness consistent with ability to perform all of the above functions
- 2-3 years experience within a similar working environment
- Be able to demonstrate a good telephone manner and Customer Service ability
- Team worker with a flexible approach to all areas of Logistics
- Reasonable level of computer literacy, (knowledge of Microsoft Office software or software
packages used would be an advantage
- Ability to assess, lift and balance loads
- Ability /qualification to drive a forklift truck would be an advantage.
- A clean UK driving licence would be an advantage
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions given in English (in order to be able to
perform operations to the required level, with minimal supervision, and to be able to
understand safety signs and notices)
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
A basic knowledge of COSHH and IOSH requirements would be an advantage
Contextual or other information
- Current GxP training to be maintained at required levels at all times
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn / used in accordance with
location / task requirements and working instructions / procedures / conditions
- Outside working in inclement weather
- Significant walking and some heavy manual handling operations
- Driving and vehicle inspection / operation
- Safe operation of X-ray inspection equipment
Location: Stevenage – Glaxosmithkline, England