Would you like to join the number 1 metal recycler in the UK? Are you looking for experience at the forefront of the most sustainable sector? Become a net zero hero!
Not only does this role offer a rewarding year in industry, it also has a clear path for progression and career development – which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040, truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
We are looking to offer placements for students or recent graduates looking for experience in logistics and shipping, this could be as part of a sandwich year, or a route into gaining valuable industry insight as part of the first step into a career.
This role can be very challenging and diverse. At the same time, it is rewarding and offers a career with many opportunities for professional development.
These roles will definitely keep you entertained. While getting involved in the following tasks, no two days will be the same!
- Providing support ensuring the efficient running of a busy shipping and freight department
- Acting as the first point of contact for our depot staff and freight suppliers and building strong professional relationships
- Planning and placing large volume container and truck bookings
- Coordinating issuance of shipping documentation and customs clearance declarations
- Ensuring timely and cost efficient fulfilment of sales contracts and that all shipping requirements are met
- Solving problems and dealing with all day-to-day operational issues including getting updates on late running vehicles and monitoring loading progress
- Issuing daily and weekly reports
- Learning all elements of the shipping and freight function including negotiation of freight rates for large volume bookings, with a view of career progression within two years
- Issuance of Bill of lading shipping instructions to various stakeholders, chase all draft and original bill of ladings from shipping lines and ensure compliance to requirements.
- Issuing of documentation for European truck movements
- Sending updates to stakeholders and monitoring a central mailbox to ensure issuance requirements within strict deadlines
- Ensure that any inspections have been carried out before approving draft bills for compliance with contract / regulatory requirements
If you’re highly motivated forward thinker with an inquisitive can-do attitude and you have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in your career, then this role will be perfect for you.
Hours per week: 40