Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Living Well Facilitator to join our team.
Living Well Facilitators promote, support, and develop client-centred programs of recreational, creative, and therapeutic activities to our residents. This role will involve working with other members of the team, families, volunteers, and visiting artists to support the social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive wellbeing of residents.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, developing, and implementing a programme of stimulating activities that meet the social, physical, emotional, and cultural needs of residents so that they are enabled to lead as full a life as possible. This will include organising recreational outings for residents to support social and cultural engagement in the wider community.
- Working with the families and Care Team to engage residents in daily activities that reflect residents’ interests, choices, and preferences, cultivating a dementia friendly environment.
- Working alongside our Volunteer team to identify and match residents to volunteers to support in delivery of engaging activities.
- Coordinating and supporting visiting artists, projects, and entertainers.
- Planning and delivering events and activities for Jewish Festivals to actively celebrate the Jewish way of life.
- Maintaining the activities records of groups and individuals
What we are looking for:
- Relevant qualification in Health and Social Care or similar.
- Experience of leading and delivering arts/recreational activities within a similar environment.
- Experience of working with older people, people living with dementia and varying abilities and needs
- Experience of managing volunteers or staff to assist with activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenge of and sensitivity needed to support vulnerable people
- Understanding of the differing needs of residents including Physical Disability, Living with Dementia, Mental Health, and End of Life.