Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
To support the wider growth and strategic objectives of the business by creating commercial delivery plans and trading financials that feed into the lending strategy and actively monitoring delivery against asset plan.
This role will sit within the Asset Management team, reporting into the Head of Lending Strategy, and will work closely with the Pricing, Risk, Data and Product teams. Collaboration with other group functions may be required from time to time.
Starling continues to grow its asset base at pace through a number of origination channels and this role will give you the opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting FinTechs during a pivotal phase of growth.
- To create commercial delivery plans and trading financial models and scenarios for the lending asset strategy (including optimal asset mix)
- Undertake market analysis to identify and prioritise lending opportunities within existing products and potential new offerings
- Track performance against asset plan, providing regular trading updates to key stakeholders, determining key drivers of variances and recommendations to mitigate against or maximise these.
- Monitor the relative performance of organic/inorganic distribution, creating recommendations to optimise overall returns and embedded business value.
- Work closely with the Pricing team and other areas of Asset Management to monitor whether the lending assets remain competitively positioned, are delivering the volumes and returns expected and are performing in line with the Bank’s risk appetite
- Work closely with the Asset Management Risk team to create proposals to safely grow lending in line with the Bank’s risk appetite and the wider strategy
- Work closely with the Lending Delivery team to determine the financial returns of the cost-to-serve, creating proposals to optimise and automate to improve performance.
- Continue to monitor the asset mix against expectations, and/or propose deviations where beneficial opportunities arise.
Our recruitment process
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious.
In general you can expect the below, following a chat with one of our Talent Acquisition team:
- Stage 1 – 45 minute interview with our Head of Lending Growth and Senior Pricing Manager
- Stage 2 – 30 minutes interview with our Commercial Director – Asset Management
- 1-5 years experience working in a numerical, commercial or strategic role, ideally within the financial services sector.
- High level of initiative and diligent with strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Commercially minded with strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to digest disparate sources of information and build a cohesive and compelling viewpoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to simplify and visualise complex information to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously in a team with a flat structure and function well in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrable interest in financial services and/or FinTech, either through relevant work experience or strong market knowledge
- Highly organised, with the ability to deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities within a dynamic environment
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.