Shift hours: Full Time
About the role
At Sodexo, Kitchen Porters are playing an essential role in our catering operation and ensure our busy food outlets run smoothly. We currently have a vacancy for you to join our great team at the RAF Benson
With a dedicated and helpful approach, you’ll support our team of chefs and ensure the kitchen areas and equipment are left glistening!
You’ll be assisting in washing up with use of commercial dish washer, handling waste removal as well as completing any administration tasks (including wastage, and cleaning schedules).
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
We want you to bring your can-do attitude, flexibility to work in a busy environment and your great reliability with you when you join us. You’ll be a great team player with excellent customer service and communication skills too!
Experience working in a similar industry (i.e., food service, catering, or hospitality) would be ideal, but general knowledge of food preparation with understanding of basic food hygiene and cleaning will tick the box!
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises so it is vital that you will champion this.
- Cleaning of the kitchen area
- Cleaning of all kitchen equipment
- Ensuring that health, safety and hygiene standards are met following Sodexo policies and procedures
- Working alongside a team in a fast-paced working environment
- Filling in due diligence paperwork
- Work well within a team and on their own initiative
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines
Location: RAF Benson, Wallingford, England