Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to join our Hospitality team. This role may include some weekend working.
The role of Kitchen Assistant will involve the delivery of Hospitality Services within our Campus, Care Homes, and Community Centres to excellent standards.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll have a key role ensuring we deliver an excellent standard of food and service for our customers, creating an inviting and pleasant environment. Your core duties will involve:
- Basic food preparation including vegetables, salads and sandwiches
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and presentable catering environment
- Getting food counter and dining areas ready for service
- Serving hot & cold food and beverages
- Operating till and cashing up when required
Who we’re looking for
You’ll ideally have previous experience as a Kitchen Assistant, with the ability to work under pressure within a team and independently. You’ll also have the following:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (or willingness to undertake this qualification)
- Great communication skills, confident speaking to a range of people
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake appropriate training (e.g. Supervision, NVQ Training)