Shift hours: Permanent
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
We’re expanding to support our business which means we are currently looking for a Junior Buyer to join our Retail team. The successful candidate will be working with a well known number of Impulse category manufacturers, exacting clients and different routes to market on a day to day basis. Constantly analysing data, updating systems, agreeing pricing & making range changes to ensure that our business has the best offering in place! Through data analysis, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for making clearly defined decisions around what each of our clients need and defining which products will be successful and changes need implementing.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer to develop and progress his/her skills through working in a successful, busy category where you will be encouraged to make decisions and implement SKUs independently. The successful candidate will also be responsible for working with Unit Managers and the wider category teams to ensure that the best range of SKUs are in place.
Apply for the position today to really expand your career!
The successful Retail Buyer – Food, will be responsible for the following:
- Daily procurement activity
- Managing the end to end sourcing activity
- Engaging with Key Stakeholders in the business
- Playing an instrumental part for the growth planned for 2022
- Undergo sourcing responsibilities such as tendoring, range reviews, implementation launch
- Producing price change analysis for the client and ensure it is on the system
- Track savings
- Compile weekly procurement review and present to the client
- Working alongside some of the industries most exclusive suppliers
Our Foodbuy team is made up of passionate and driven team players. We work as one unit to ensure that all client needs are met. We appreciate that the workplace should be a fun and welcoming environment – we promote diversity, inclusivity and sustainability (our awards prove this!). Whilst attitude towards work is a huge success factor, we’re also looking for the following;
- Experience in food procurement
- Highly analytical
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to navigate systems
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Genuine team player
- Experienced managing high volumes of SKUs
- Stakeholder management skills
- SAP experience desired