At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an HSE Advisor (South) to join our friendly team based in the South to cover several sites across the UK South area.
You will support, advise and review HS&E practices at a site level within the region to prevent incidents, injury, operational losses and occupational health problems. Provide constructive feedback from a site perspective to both Regional line management and HSE Line manager. Play a key role as part of the HS&E team to help develop and deliver the region’s HSE Strategy.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
You will a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Review local working practices and provide feedback to BU/ local line management to influence and support business HSE Strategy
- Undertake inspections/audits of site/units to ensure consistent application of internal Standards and legislative requirements
- Produce regional reports with suggested recommendations and trend data
- Support the HSE Manager with the communication and role out of new Standards and procedures
- Safe installation of equipment – HS&E requirements for new equipment (capital spend review and project undertaking)
- Advise and support on specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, COSHH, noise, occupational diseases etc
- Challenge and support BU line management to ensure incident investigations are thorough and get to root cause
- Represent the business with respect to external organisations as required
- Participate and support safety or consultative committees within the business/region
- Identify significant HSE impacts and help set-up appropriate controls
- Responsible for the delivery of the HS&E Management Systems within the region
- Review HSE and incident statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement HS&E campaigns and continuous improvement plans in agreement with the HSE Manager
- Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Environmental Management System
- Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and Environmental award submissions
- Provide expert guidance, monitor and investigate following environmental incidents ensuring appropriate actions are taken
- Strong working rapport with unit management and operators – respected and with credible challenge as required
- Effective local understanding of company Standards
- Timely production of strong and consistent reports
The ideal candidate will show many qualities including:
- Experience of similar role/level within a relevant sector(s)
- Relationship building with the wider operations team
- Analytical strength to recognise performance trends
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels internally and externally
- Experience of applying processes that are tailored to business need e.g. incident investigation and risk mitigation
- Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership
- Continuous improvement
- Coaching and developing people
- See the bigger picture/no parochial outlook
- Confidence and strong analytical skills.
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: London, London, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/99/1766