Salary: AFC Band 2 – £9.21 per hour Saturday £12.98 Sunday/PH £16.85
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Patient Services Assistant / Housekeeper to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
Food Service Duties:
- Preparation – Serving of beverages
- Preparing setting up and serving patients meals. Maintaining fluid charts.
- Monitoring – maintaining the highest standards of Hygiene in the ward kitchen.
- Collecting, washing and distributing of water jugs and glasses.
- Collecting and clearing all crockery, trays etc after meal is served.
- Carry out the meal service of all food, ensuring adherence to portion control and food hygiene instructions
- Ensure stock control and rotation procedures are maintained.
- Distribute and collect menu cards
- Ensure stock levels of ward issue foods are at required levels.
- Carry out required temperature monitoring and recording of food at ward level.
- Monitoring and accurately record any wastage.
- Carry out beverage service using Zenith trolley.
- Load and empty crockery and cutlery used in the provision of meals and clean dishwasher and replace chemicals as appropriate
- Transport food service trolleys for patient meal service
- Check temperature of foods prior to service to patients
- Monitor and report wastage levels of patient meals
- Carry out all routine cleaning duties at the prescribed times and in compliance with the specific ward/ department policies and procedures at all times.
- Use and care of approved cleaning material and equipment at al times in accordance with the operator instructions
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are used and stored safely in compliance with COSHH regulations
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner using Hazard signs as appropriate
- Maintenance of high standards of cleaning throughout the area of allocation following correct procedures and equipment
- Maintain ward kitchens in a clean and hygienic manner, reporting any equipment faults as necessary
- Minimising the risks of cross infections by following cleaning and disposal procedures
- Assist in bed washing as necessary
- Use only correct cleaning products and equipment for the specific tasks
- Check and clean toilets/bathrooms and replenish supplies as necessary
- Maintain equipment
- At the discretion of the Hotel Services Co-ordinator, carry out cleaning duties in any other area of the hospital as and when required
1.Ability to communicate at all levels
2.Physically able to push trolley’s at all times
4.Ability to follow instruction
5.Ability to comply with service requirements in line with client policies at all times.
6.Observance of Health and Safety legislation at all times
7.Undertake training as and when required
8.High standards of personal hygiene
9.Ability to work independently and as part of a team
10.Basic literacy skills
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon, England