Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Salary/Rate: £19,500 – £23,000/annum (based on 40 hours per week, dependent on experience)
Monday – Friday, Term time only (39 weeks). Permanent role.
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students from age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy, in addition to supporting young people with speech, communication and language needs. One of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers, our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room.
We need a strong dynamic HLTA, who relishes a challenge and wants to make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
· Work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils
· Promote students’ independence, self-esteem and problem solving
· Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities with individual students, groups and whole classes, under the direction of the teacher
· Follow the school’s marking and assessment policy to assess, record and report on students’ progress
· Provide engaging activities to enable students to fulfil their potential
· Be a role model and line manage school support team members
Ingfield Manor School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.