Salary: Up to £32k depending on experience
Shift hours: Part Time
To manage the pastry kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- To ensure pastry food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the pastry section as appropriate.
- To assist in the menu recommendations and delivery of high-level hospitality functions
- To compile food orders and develop new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the Sodexo and Clifton College.
- To ensure that Sodexo’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To present, photograph and write recipe cards for products.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all pastry food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate of any employees working in the pastry section
- To assist in the development of the kitchen team by empowering it, supporting it, encouraging it and maintaining an ‘open door’ policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure all financial controls, costings, wastage and orders are met within the college budget.
- To ensure purchasing is made using nominated suppliers and a system for quality and credit controls is maintained.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures, in particular that all food in the pastry section and fridge are stored correctly, are in date and labelled correctly and to ensure that the strict allergen guidelines are followed at all times with any food that comes from the pastry section
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To ensure safe working practices are followed and equipment faults are reported to the Executive Head Chef.
- To ensure that all college procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To actively promote a safe working environment following company guidelines.
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation
- Effective at time management
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Proficient at working with computers
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Smart clean appearance, high standard of personal hygiene
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Successful progressive background in contract catering
- Exposure to leadership management training skills
- Confident, lively and outgoing personality
Location: Clifton, Bristol, England