We are looking for a head chef to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge in both Retail and Hospitality (fine dining, canapes) as well as a good knowledge of food safety, health and safety and finance.
We’re a multi award-winning contract catering company, with a team of trained foodies serving over 45,500 satisfied customers every day. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our team.
You’re inspired by the ingredients you work with to create seasonal, balanced and nutritious menus. You’ll recruit, lead, manage and develop your own team, using your proven kitchen management experience and engaging communication skills. Ensuring our standards are met or exceeded, you’ll work with each site team to keep food innovation firmly on the agenda and achieve excellent GPs. You will work with a group of General Managers to build and maintain the relationship between our company’s Foodie cultures and the goals of our clients.
Being a part of our culture of learning is important at BM Caterers. That’s why you’ll attend our forums and lead craft workshops – to keep up-to-date with food innovation across the company as well as understanding the trends on the High Street. Continuous development extends to your team too, and you’ll provide the strong leadership and coaching needed to keep standards and performance at the highest level, always encouraging new initiatives.
Being in the kitchen doesn’t mean you won’t see your customers. We expect you to interact regularly with the people who enjoy our food – to measure success and gain inspiration for new ideas and to maximise sales with our concepts and innovations.
• Monday to Friday working hours available
• Flexible working hours and the potential of condensed shifts
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4DN