Salary: £35,000 Per Annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Head Chef – Leeds
Up to £35,000 per annum
5 over 7 days
At Restaurant Associates, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK’s leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne’s in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team alongside our Executive Head Chef, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.
As the Head Chef you will be an ambassador for Restaurant Associates for all things food related, striving to innovate the food offer and keeping abreast of current food trends and remaining competitive with any food offer in terms of food quality, presentation and style.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Head Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
The Royal Armouries and New Dock Hall is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in Leeds. Our venue offers world-class facilities for high-profile conferences, conventions, exhibitions, awards dinners and corporate events for up to 2,500 delegates, hosting more than 380 national and international events every year.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality and innovation
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- The Head Chef will be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A ‘Can do’ attitude