In a Nutshell
A very rare opportunity has arisen at The Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe. We are actively seeking a Guest Services Manager to join our team. They say first and last impressions mean everything, and that is exactly what you will be doing in this role. You will be the first smiling face our guests meet on arrival, and the last “goodbye” they hear on departure. Looking after the guest journey will be a key part of your role – check in and check out, room allocations, special requests, memorable moments, onsite ‘tour guide’, creating happiness…what ever the guests request, you will ensure we meet them.
If this sound like a role for you, continue reading and apply today.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Guest Services Manager will be responsible for;
- Championing Guest Services within the hotel, upholding all standards and cultural principles
- Providing an exceptional sense of arrival and the fondest of farewells for all guests
- To work with the rest of the team to identify service lapses and standard drops within the business
- To create and maintain a strong working relationship with all Hotel and Spa departments
- To maximise the guest journey
- To accept the responsibilities of Duty Management ensuring the smooth efficient and effective running of the hotel, the well being of its guests and employees, and for the protection of the company from potential loss or damage ensuring consistency of product and service.
- To be innovative at every opportunity in our approach to the customer during their stay.
- To be well presented and groomed at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Guest Services Manager will …
- Have relevant supervisory or management experience in a similar role or property
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Be able to effectively delegate
- Ability to assimilate information and create reports
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills
- Display strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate a huge passion for Guests
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary food whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.