Park Foster Care is a leading independent fostering agency and we have approved foster carers across Cheshire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire areas of England. Park Foster Care provides a high quality of care and is rated ‘OUTSTANDING’ by Ofsted who commented, “The foster carers and staff are well supported and this is reflected in the high standard of care provided to the children”.
Park Foster care are looking to recruit a Fostering Support Worker to join our friendly and supportive team, in this role you will be proactively providing support to our children and foster carers. This is a key role in “Hearing the Child’s voice” This post will involve working in partnership with our social workers and foster carers on promoting children’s development and preparing for independence.
This is no ordinary role, there’s lots of variety. And you’ll need to be able to, engage well with a range of children/young people on a one to one or group basis in order to achieve positive outcomes. Support our children and young people in maintaining their relationships with birth families and siblings this may involve supervising family time. You will also undertake specific pieces of work with our children and young people under direction from our supervising social workers. You will play an active role with event planning for our foster carers and children. The role will involve working out of the usual office hours and include evening and weekend work.
We are looking for a person who has strong communication and IT skills, a caring manner and a creative approach, who shares our values and is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the children and young people we care for and support in our fostering homes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the fostering support role, such as training, recruitment, direct work with children and young people and you will be supported and trained by a team of dedicated and knowledgeable staff.
The role comprises of:
- Understanding/willingness to learn about Therapeutic-parenting methods
- Offering direct and practical support to carers and children and young people in placement
- Organising and carrying out activities with children and young people
- Supporting the delivery of some aspects of training
- Lead on Park Newsletter
- Organise and run participation groups for children and young people
- Liaising with external agencies when required
You will need to have:
- A caring passion for children and young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Youth Worker qualification or similar (desirable)
- Some flexibility to work creatively with carers and children & young people
- Work as part of a team
- The ability to self-motivate and work using your own initiative
- The ability to record onto a database using IT skills
- Must be able to drive and have a clean driving licence
Park Foster Care is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Park Foster Care is an equal opportunities employer
If you’re pragmatic and self-motivated with undoubted integrity, make the most of this opportunity to enjoy a rewarding career.
Salary: £12.00 PER HOUR
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, ST1 5TL