Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Port Talbot and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Fitter Fabricator you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What will I be responsible for?
– Completion of allocated tasks safely and in a timely manner.
– Given an area of responsibility through the site 5s programme.
– Operate, maintenance team mobile plant such as telehandler, Hiab.
– Maintain own tools and shared tools.
– Adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Fitter Fabricator, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest
What are we looking for?
– A Safe, motivated, multi skilled individual who as the ability to lead on designated jobs within team of qualified maintenance operatives in a 24/7/365 day environment.
– Can operate under pressure, and drive best practice at all times through being a conscientious team player.
– Can create and adapt Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and Safe Systems Of Work.
– Is flexible in their approach to work, to be part of the site on call Rota and work overtime where necessary to manage the safe operation of the Works.
– To be able to ensure maximum effectiveness when carrying out daily tasks.
– Able to support Maintenance Section Leader with various tasks.
– Have lifting and slinging qualifications.
– Is competent working at height and within confined spaces.
– Is a proficient welding.
– Is comfortable carrying out fitting/engineering tasks.
Salary: Competitive Salary + OT + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47942/3870