We are offering a compelling opportunity for an experienced Finance Business Partner to join our FP&A team on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
In this pivotal role, you will collaborate closely with key stakeholders in our Operations function, encompassing Professional Services, Customer Support, and Revenue Operations (SOP, Renewals, and retention) teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the cost base for Customer Support, Revenue Operations, and Customer Success, overseeing the full P&L for Professional Services.
- Providing precise forecasting and budgeting for these functions.
- Assisting functional stakeholders in managing risks, opportunities, and achieving key functional KPIs.
The ideal candidate will hold a CIMA, ACA, or ACCA qualification, with experience in a business partnering role involving operational stakeholders outside Finance. While experience in a high-growth software or Professional Service business is desirable, it is not mandatory.
This role is ideal for a flexible candidate eager to contribute to a dynamic, high-growth business, with a focus on outcomes and possessing keen attention to detail. You should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, actively contributing to idea generation and process improvement initiatives.
Please note that this position is available on a 12-month fixed-term contract, starting no later than April 2024. While we embrace a flexible approach to remote working, there will be a requirement to travel to our Slough/Heathrow Approach offices 1-2 times per month.
What will you be doing?
As a Finance Business Partner in our team, your role will involve:
- Producing detailed monthly analysis of actual performance, providing insightful variance analysis from trading results.
- Partnering with functional leads, offering financial support for informed decision-making and ensuring overheads align with budgetary targets.
- Designing and implementing models for monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term strategic plans.
- Producing monthly reports on actual performance, accompanied by commentary for Executive presentations.
- Collaborating with the broader finance team to provide comprehensive insights into performance.
- Assisting in developing and executing the overall strategic vision, aiding stakeholders in identifying areas for value creation and potential cost savings.
- Supporting the Finance function in delivering its strategic vision, ensuring efficiency aligns with the needs of our fast-growing business.
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects and analyses as required, including supporting the Group Operations Director or functional leads in achieving their strategic objectives.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideal for candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Degree-educated or equivalent.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent experience.
- Finance Business Partnering experience.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of enterprise systems.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience working in software or a similar industry with a focus on high-recurring revenue/professional services (desirable).
- Additional certifications in Excel, Power BI, and SQL (desirable).
- Experience with NetSuite, Tableau, Power BI (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Works effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates strong ownership and is a team player.
- Exhibits agility and adaptability.
- Ability to challenge current processes, recommend improvements, and contribute ideas that create value.
Please note: We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Location: UK Remote, Slough