Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
We are a dynamic, solution driven Facilities Management team with high quality service at the forefront of everything we do. The Facilities team creates and provides our people with an engaging workplace experience. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Assistant to join the expanding Cardiff team to meet the demands of an ever growing office environment..
We are looking for a motivated, hands on individual with a background in Facilities. The ideal candidate will be a team player, with great organisational skills, dedicated and committed to making a positive impact on our office environment.
As a Facilities Assistant, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of an efficient, effective and flexible facilities service, to enable the successful operation of the property. The main purpose of this role is to help with the effective running of the Facilities services function for our Cardiff office, located in a multi-tenant building. You will ensure systems and services are delivered professionally and efficiently, liaising effectively with team members, building management and external contractors.
- Daily building walk rounds – reporting faults, building issues and housekeeping. Ensuring the office, meeting rooms and kitchens are tidy and fully stocked with refreshments. Carry out floor walking activities ensuring all areas are tidy, clean and organised.
- Managing the meeting room / training room coordination. Working closely with stakeholders organising department training sessions and having full ownership of completing the furniture set ups frequently and creating layouts to suit the booking requests.
- Health and Safety responsibilities, completing monthly safety sampling assessments.
- Log all issues (air con temperature, lighting, broken doors/furniture, utility usage etc), organising repair works with landlords and sub contractors.
- Ensure external contractors attend site as per maintenance schedule and that all necessary documentation including RAMS and training certificates are available in advance.
- Act as a First Aider and Fire Warden for the office.
- Assisting with the receiving of goods and equipment and storing deliveries.
- Managing the on site merchandise, stock, deliveries and distribution to new starters.
- Coordinate changes to staff and visitor access, managing access cards log.
- Covering Reception duties when the Receptionist is on lunch or holidays.
- Taking on new tasks and assisting the business as and when required.
- Maintain open communications and relationships with colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders to help improve service levels.
- This is an ideal position for someone approachable and enthusiastic!
- You will need strong IT and administration skills, close attention to detail, ability to juggle a range of tasks in a frontline role and first class customer service skills.
- A proactive approach will need to be taken to ensure the prompt resolution of all day-to-day challenges associated with the running of the Starling Bank offices.
- This is a fast paced and varied role at the heart of our business. If you are someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, who is flexible, quick thinking and proactive, with experience working within a corporate facilities team; we want to hear from you!
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.