At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Craftsperson to join our friendly team at Tarmac Dunbar Cement Plant.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Work as a key member of the Maintenance team with responsibilities for the electrical and process control equipment used to run the plant.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environmental issues, prioritising safety at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or ability to, quickly develop a working knowledge of all the equipment within your control such as all instrumentation, PLC’s, DCS/SCADA systems, LV & HV motors, switchgear and control gear, AC & DC, variable speed drives, and specialised control panels.
- Good mechanical maintenance repair skills (bearing replacement, device alignment etc)
- The role may require weekend or split day shift working.
- Experience as a trained electrical craftsperson/process control
- 18th edition certified
- Multi-skilled engineering maintenance experience
- PLC experience
- Strong team worker with the ability to work independently
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work flexibly
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2300