Salary: £14839 – £15748
Shift hours: Part Time
The role of the Early Years’ Service is to:
- Lead and facilitate strategic development for Early Years across the City, working with a range of partners
- Raise educational standards and quality in private, voluntary and independent (PVI) childcare provision and Schools, for children aged birth to 5 years
- Provide market management to secure sufficient registered childcare and education places
- Secure and fund early years provision which is free of charge to parents
- Provide advice and guidance to extended childcare provision for children beyond the age of 5 years.
It is also the role of the team to provide childcare related advice to parents and carers. Early years officers liaise with PVI providers, schools, parents/carers and other external agencies to achieve the best outcomes for young children.
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
We are seeking to appoint 2 experienced administrators to join our successful team within the Early Years’ Service.
Both roles are part-time 29 hours per week:
Permanent – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Maternity leave cover until May 2022 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
The purpose of the roles is to provide high quality administrative and general office support, to the Early Years’ team.
The postholders will deal with enquiries, through varying mediums (e.g. Face to Face, Telephone & e-mail), ensuring that where possible they are resolved at first contact, or that messages are passed on to the relevant person for action; seeking to resolve queries and using judgement as to when to pass on more complex issues.
The successful candidates will also undertake data input and document production using the range of systems in use within the organisation including reports and minutes.
These roles involve maintaining computerised and filing systems, retrieving information as requested, and ensuring that information is kept up to date; to include creation of databases and spreadsheets as appropriate and provision of information and reports as required.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidates will be able to prioritise their own workloads and use initiative to solve minor issues within the working environment.
- Formal IT qualification e.g. RSA, CLAIT, NVQ, ECDL or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade 4-9 or equivalent
The posts would suit administrators who have experience of a wide range of clerical and administrative work.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills and experiences related to:
- Knowledge of IT packages, particularly MS Office
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to changing priorities
- Basic knowledge of data protection implications
- Accurate data inputting skills
We can offer:
- Friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff
- A strong commitment to raising standards
- Excellent opportunities to build experience working across the remit of early years education
Your application should:
- Describe what attracts you to this role and how your experience relates to the opportunities and challenges presented by this post
- Outline your experience in providing administrative support
- Detail how you meet the person specification.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled ‘Coventry City Council Application Process’
Interview date: w/c 19 July 2021
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There’s a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you’re happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We’ve created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.
Location: Coventry, CV1 2GN