Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
Starling is on a mission to build the best business bank in the world, serving the needs of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who are the lifeblood of the economy.
We are looking for a Due Diligence Officer to join our team to help monitor customers’ accounts. You’ll be reviewing complex customer accounts to ensure we have visibility of them on an ongoing basis, making sure that there are monitoring frameworks in place from day one of a customer’s journey with us.
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whenever they need us, we will be there. This role will operate on a shift pattern of 37.5 hours a week per week (5×7.5hr shifts), Monday-Sunday, 9am-5.30pm. However all contracts across operations are on a 24/7 and therefore could change to meet business needs.
Training for the role:
We have a 6 week training programme which is run from the office so you’ll need to be able to commit to being in the office during the day for your first 6 weeks with us. The training gives you all of the skills and support you need to succeed at Starling!
The recruitment process:
Once we have reviewed your application, if we feel you have the skills and experience foe the role, we will invite you to an initial 20 minutes long phone interview.
After this, the final stage would be a video interview with our Due Diligence team, where they will discuss the role, your skills and experience in more detail and an answer any questions you may have about the role and what to expect!
Applications for this role will close on 01/12.
- Receiving referrals from Personal and Business Onboarding teams where applicants match to Sanction, PEP or Special Interest screening data at application.
- Completing routine Sanction, PEP and Special Interest screening of the customer back book.
- Receiving referrals from Business Onboarding for complex/high risk prospects.
- Completing CDD refresh based on trigger points (i.e. account turnover or age of account).
- Completing routine Sanctions screening of Payments.
- Receiving and responding to CDD information requests in respect of payment services (i.e. Currency Cloud referrals).
- Reporting discrepancies between Business Current Account records and Companies House data to the appropriate authority.
- Assisting Team Managers with processes for Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) to mitigate customer risk.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be required.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An ability to take a holistic approach to self-driven investigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of KYC and KYB.
- KYC and KYB experience within a financial institution.
- Experience in decision making upon completion of investigation.
- Experience in reviewing identification documents.
- Understanding of CIFAS and SIRA.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks associated with onboarding.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us: You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.