In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Document Controller to join our team within Vistry West Yorkshire, at our Wakefield office. As our Document Controller you will work within the Design & Technical team to provide a consistent and timely service to the development teams by ensuring that project information/drawings/documentation is managed, communicated, filed and retrievable in accordance with the businesses BMS procedures. The role is expected to evolve and develop to reflect the operational need and requirements of the West Yorkshire region.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- IT literate – Office 365
- Experience of using Viewpoint
- Knowledge and understanding of the Document Control process at operational level is vital.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of carrying out a similar role
- Excellent communication and
- interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively liaise and coordinate activities between departments great attention to detail
- Prioritise workload when managing multiple contracts / tasks.
- To have a positive and flexible approach to work, integrate with the existing team and provide support and guidance to others when required.
- Knowledge of other DC systems
- HNC in Computer Science, Business Administration or similar
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings and documents
More about the Document Controller role…
- To attend internal project, start UP Meetings and internal handover meetings, to ensure a smooth transition from project inception to construction phase.
- To be responsible for the management of documents for multiple projects, ensuring Teams Channels and Project Folders are created for projects, and documents are uploaded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with procedures, guidance and forms contained within the corporate Business Management System (BMS).
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the document controller process at operational level.
- Maintain knowledge and experience of Viewpoint 4Projects at an operational level and any significant software.
- Ensure documentation follows approvals process.
- Carry out quality assurance checks on all information uploaded.
- Ensure all documents are up to date and completed correctly prior to internal or external audits.
- Ensure external documentation is identified and distributed as agreed.
- Ensure all drawings / documentation are controlled and maintained in a methodical manner.
- Manage user accounts, permissions and provide systems training.
- Support internal and external users regarding system issues.
- Liaise with production team regarding handover & completion information / documentation
- Complete monthly reports as required.
- Main point of contact for any systems related questions queries.
- Analyse systems usage and outputs
- Communicating with Business unit leaders and stakeholders regarding systems process and requirements
- Providing training into systems for new starters
- Working with Group teams to drive system improvements and enhancements
- Reporting back to the Business unit board on system implementation
- Collate all systems feedback and issues to relevant parties
- Work with all Business unit members to drive system compliance and consistency
- Management of Drawings printing and distribution to all sites
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 1 Red Hall Avenue, Wakefield, WF1 2UL