Banks are increasingly becoming tech companies that manage money. The Coventry is no different – £42bn makes us the second-largest Building Society in the UK, with a 130-year heritage and a strong, loyal customer-base of nearly 2m members. A secure and well-supported technology base is therefore critical to our continued success.
The DevSecOps Engineer will join us during a busy time of growth and change at Coventry Building Society.
Using a pragmatic approach, the successful candidate will lead and advise on the application of appropriate security controls and policies for our SDLC, ensuring that any risks are addressed and new operational controls and processes are implemented. This role will cater for the management of secrets throughout the DevOps process, ensuring best practise is followed and implemented throughout.
- You have the passion and drive to enable the secure delivery of our digital transformation journey, working with market leading cloud technologies
- You have a proven record in providing technical guidance and leadership in the implementation of security controls and secrets management
- You recognise and adapt to individual differences and working styles.
- You support initiatives that create an environment in which diversity is valued.
- Demonstrable experience of securing cloud environments – preferably AWS
- Hands on experience with Secrets Management tools and associated processes
- Knowledge of security processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance
- Demonstrable experience of Agile Delivery techniques
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of working with audit requirements, change management and control procedures
Hours: Flexible working and some 24/7 if required
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members’ needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey, we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.