Deputy Manager – £31,122 (additional £67.50 per sleep in)
The core purpose of the role of the Deputy Manager is to assist the Registered Manager in providing an emotionally secure, consistent, warm, supportive and caring environment for the young people and to encourage their social, physical, emotional intellectual and moral development so that they may realise their own potential.
2023 continues to be an exciting and innovative year at Greenfields. Part of the Caretech Family of Companies, which is one of the largest providers of Specialist Education and Residential Services for children and young people in the UK, delivering across Special Education Schools and Colleges, Residential Children’s Homes and a Therapeutic Fostering Service.
We are embarking on a period of growth and transformation in line with our ambitious plans and, at the absolute core of our business, is our commitment to supporting our amazing children and young people, each with their own needs, aspirations and infinite potential to reach their personal best.
At Greenfields we pride ourselves on providing high quality care and support to children and young people through a multi- disciplinary approach.
We offer care, education and therapy input in a nurtured, structured, stable environment with clear boundaries, focusing on the relationship the adults have with the children and a place they can call their home. The young people attend the local in-house Greenfields School that relocated to a fantastic new site in Newport last year. Our homes have support from a clinical lead in helping us to create an environment where children grow and thrive in reaching their full potential as they embark on a pathway to a brighter future.
We are looking for a Deputy Manager for one of our Children's Homes in Abergavenny, currently home to 2 young people with complex social, emotional and behavioural difficulties as a result of adverse childhood experiences. You will assist the Registered Manager to lead a stable and motivated team to deliver high and consistent standards of care and support for our young people, ensuring they are kept safe, that you advocate strongly for them and their voice shines through everything we do.
You will need a real eye for detail – understanding that our absolute commitment to the Safeguarding of our children and young people and the Quality of our service are the top priorities.
- 2 years experience working within children’s residential
- QCF Level 3 Children & Young People qualification or equivalent
- Driver (company provide a car / mini bus during working hours)
- Shift Pattern 2 On 4 Off (x2 full days including sleeps)
- Friendly, passionate and caring nature
- Positive, pleasant and approachable
- Empowering others to become stronger and more confident in controlling their lives
- Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
- Innovative, by using or showing new methods and ideas
- Energetic and fast paced environment
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
- Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
- *Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn £1000 per referral
- * Welcome bonus £500
- Pension scheme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee recognition schemes
- Company vehicle to use when in work
- CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants.
All staff are required to attend full induction training including Child Protection and Physical Intervention before commencing employment. This training will be provided at no cost to the employee. Deputy Managers must have a level 3 diploma in Heath & Social Care – Children and Young people or equivalent to this course. A level 5 in leadership and Management – children & young people is desirable, if not completed all Deputy Managers must achieve this within 2 years of commencing post, unless they already hold an appropriate qualification
Greenfields is a unique business, where staff are committed and leaders are visible and supportive. You will need to balance a hands-on, practical approach with a creative and innovative style and the ability to respond with positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Bringing our plans to life will be challenging and intense but, with en
Location: Abergavenny, np7 9ld