Shift hours: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a General Manager who will organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. As the General Manager you will be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
The General Manager will thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities. You are drawn to satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You’ll will support your team in providing a professional food service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets
- As the General Manager you will be working closely with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget.
- Develop and evolve all client’s services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
- Proven experience in managing successful teams in a similar environment – large multi site operation
- Health & Safety for Caterer’s, Food safety for caterer’s
- Experience of leading and managing a team across a large multi site operation
- Minimum 2 years management experience probably in a retail and contract catering environment
- Excellent financial acumen
- I.T literate
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire