Shift Hours: Days and Nights –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Support Workers to join our team in Middleton.
Springvale Resource Centre in Middleton is a caring residential home for people with an acquired brain injury or neurological illnesses. We are a small service which provides many opportunities to give a very personalised service to the people we care about.
Springvale Resource Centre prides themselves on person centred care, which is tailored to individual’s needs, aspirations and goals. We offer a bespoke service which encourages individuals to be supported to live as independently as possible. We are a home from home whether this is from a short stay to a permanent residence, we can support you. We have 3 en-suite bedrooms and 1 bedroom with and adjacent shower room. There are two well equipped communal areas, outdoor garden area. The service is wheelchair accessible for individuals who have mobility issues. We encourage you to making your living space your own whether it be the colour of your room to arriving with your own furniture.
Our team is proud in helping people to retrain their brains to learn things again, whether this is from walking, talking, writing, daily living tasks to learning to play a sport again. We involve you in all aspects of your care from what time you eat and sleep to what activities you want to take part in.
We have a Full Time position available 34.5 hours a week.
Hours will be 6-12 hour shifts – days, weekends and night shifts.
Flexibility for shifts are required to meet the needs of the service
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £9.21
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
– Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
– Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
– Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
– Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
– Help with personal care when required
– Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.