We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
Our customer service department is at the core of our success. As the point of contact for our customers, being able to respond to their needs in an efficient and timely manner is what helps set us apart from the competition.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Our Customer Service Team Members are our greatest asset – representing Starling to the people that rely on us to help manage their financial lives. We don’t silo you into one particular area, so the queries you deal with will be wide ranging, from the simple to the complex. You will deal with inbound calls, online chat, social media and emails, offering a varied yet challenging role!
Here at Starling we truly put our customers first, we’re different from other contact centres in that we don’t have strict targets, we do this as we really want our customer service team members to focus on quality. You’ll receive regular feedback to ensure you’re giving our customers the best possible service. We don’t offer bonuses or incentives, we want to hire people who are driven to do the best for our customers.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
The starting salary for this role is £24,500. We’re looking for customer obsessed people, regardless of your background & experience if that’s you, we want to hear from you!
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there.
We are looking for people to join us in the over night team on a full time basis. As such, we are looking for people who can commit to 37.5 hours a week, 5 on, 3 off, Monday to Sunday. The shifts are between 9pm and 6:30am. These shifts are planned for the rest of the year so you can plan ahead! Our contact centres are open 365 days per year.
The recruitment process:
We have monthly training intakes for our Customer Service team and are currently working towards October start dates, so apply today to start your Starling journey!
Once we have reviewed your application we will be in touch to let you know if we are progressing your application further or not. If progressed, we will then invite you to record a one-way video to tell us about yourself or book a call with someone from our talent acquisition team.
After this, if the role seems like the right fit, we will invite you for a final stage video interview with a Team Leader from our Customer Services team. They will be able to give you even more insight in to the role and life at Starling and talk to you about your experience and love of customer service!
We’re looking for people who are passionate about us and our product, so check out our App or read about our journey before meeting with us.
Training for the role:
We have a 6 week training programme which is run from the office during the day (Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm) so you’ll need to be able to commit to being in the office every day for your first 6 weeks with us. The training gives you all of the skills and support you need to succeed at Starling! Following the training you would move onto Overnight shifts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions that help and benefit our customers.
- Maintaining high service standards and continually improving the service to our customers.
- Responding to customer complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Supporting continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre.
- Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
- Working well within a dynamic team environment.
- Working in a contact centre environment is not essential – showing us you understand what great customer service looks like is.
- Comfortable talking to customers however they choose to reach out. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- No two days here are the same – you should be comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Money is an emotive subject and therefore some interactions can be difficult, our team members need to be resilient and able to deal with irate and unsatisfied customers.
- We will offer lots of training and guidance but Starling is a FinTech organisation and therefore colleagues need basic IT skills to navigate our laptops (usually Apple Mac) and systems.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.