Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
Our aim is to give customers clarity and control over their money by allowing customers to manage their money entirely through the Starling banking app. The app is connected to 24/7/365 support – the customer service team is at the heart of our company.
As a team leader, you inspire and motivate your team to give the best service to our customers. You lead from the front, showcasing your finely tuned customer service skills on a daily basis. Not only that, we look to you to share solutions that will make our’s, and our customers lives, better.
Shifts: This role will cover a 12 week rotation between 6am – 20:30 Monday – Sunday. This is a hybrid role, the first 6 weeks will be spent full time in the office, followed by a 40% office & 60% home split after this period.
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture.
- Motivate, coach and develop staff in the Contact Centre.
- Maintain a degree of technical knowledge of our products and services.
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media in a live environment as required.
- Respond to customer complaints and escalate issues as necessary.
- Show ownership and accountability for offering solutions to benefit our customers and the business.
- Drive continuous improvement ethos within the contact centre and the business.
- Actively improve processes, workflows and service to our customers.
- Proactively seeking solutions for potential issues.
- Leading our Customer Service teams in a 24/7 environment.
- Experience leading a team.
- Previous experience of a contact centre environment is desirable.
- Accountable leader with strong customer focus.
- We aren’t fans of big, formal training sessions. However, you will be able to demonstrate your skills in up-skilling and coaching team members.
- We are a fast moving, constantly changing business. Ability to adapt to, and lead people through change is paramount.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance workload and schedules with multiple priorities.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us:You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.