We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them.
Our Customer Onboarding Associates are responsible for giving our customers’ the best first impression of Starling Bank. They review all new customer applications and act as our first line of defence in protecting the bank.
We offer a starting salary of £24,500 pro rata. So, if you have excellent attention to detail, a real desire to learn and can work efficiently whilst making confident decisions, this is the role for you!
There are two sides to Onboarding – Personal and Business. Each looks to provide a great customer experience, but require slightly different skill sets.
In the Personal Onboarding team, we’re looking for people who like to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment. Our customers apply for their accounts through our App by filling out their personal information, uploading photos of their documentation and recording a quick video. Your role as an Onboarding Associate within the Personal Onboarding team would be to perform KYC checks; review the information provided, liaise with customers (through our App or via a phone call) for more information and then make a decision.
In the Business Onboarding team, we’re looking for motivated people who enjoy investigating complex details, gathering information and making decisions based on their findings. The application process gathers information about our customer’s business including the business industry, where their customers and suppliers are based and documentation that supports this. Your role is to explore the information provided whilst liaising with customers (through our App or via a phone call) to understand whether it fully meets our requirements, before making a decision.
Which team will I join?
We interview candidates based on requirements for both personal and business onboarding. After your interview we will make a decision which route is best for you based on your skills and experience.
Shifts & Working Arrangements:
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there.
Here are the current shift patterns we are currently recruiting for:
- Full Time for people who can commit to 37.5 hours per week between 07:00 and 20:30 Monday to Sunday.
- Part Time Evenings for people who can commit to 25 hours per week between 17:00 and 22:00 Monday to Sunday.
- Part Time Weekends for people who can commit to 15 hours per week, 13:30 – 22:00 on Saturdays and Sundays.
Shift rotations are published well in advance to help find that work life balance (apart from the weekend role which will stay the same each week).
You must be able to commit to training on a full time basis in the office from 09:00-17:30.
For Part Time roles, this will be for 4 weeks.
For Full Time roles, this will be for 6 weeks.
The recruitment process:
Once we have reviewed your initial application, if we feel you have the skills and experience for the role we will ask you to record a video to answer a few technical questions and to tell us why you would be a great addition to the team. If you prefer you can have a call with a member of our Talent Acquisition team to answer the questions instead.
After this, the final stage is a video interview with the Onboarding team where they will discuss the role, your skills and experience in more detail and answer any questions you may have about what to expect from the role.
The Onboarding team’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the accurate and efficient processing of a high number of new business and personal account applications.
- Providing new customers with a fantastic service and great first impression of the bank.
- Performing the necessary due diligence and investigation to decide if the application falls within our risk appetite.
- Cross referencing documentation, using both internal and external sources.
- Understanding and overseeing the identification of high risk applications (including PEPs and sanction matches).
- Identifying trends or unusual activity and reporting where appropriate.
- Working to a consistently high standard and meeting strict timeframes.
- Onboarding experience within a regulated environment would be desirable.
- An understanding of KYC & KYB requirements would be beneficial.
- This role would suit someone with a strong administrative background.
- A strong desire to help customers.
- Diligence – you must have a keen eye for detail.
- An inquisitive nature leading to confident and timely decisions.
- The ability to work within an ever changing environment.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
- Full details are available on our careers site
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anywayWe’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes.
Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.