Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
Reporting to a Lead Credit Strategy Analyst, we are looking for a Credit Strategy Analyst to support the development and maintenance of Starling’s credit strategies across unsecured and secured retail and SME lending products.
- Supporting the development of credit decisioning lending strategies for both retail and SME secured and unsecured products
- Supporting the development of capability and processes to meet new and existing regulatory requirements
- Completion of ad-hoc analytics to understand and report on portfolio credit risks, building a detailed understanding of portfolio performance
- Helping to put together regular updates on portfolio performance for our monthly Credit Risk Committee
- Support maintaining proactive portfolio compliance with the UK regulatory regime
- Build strong stakeholder relationships, both with internal and key external contacts
- Some experience of lending standards applicable to lending in the UK
- Relevant experience in a risk or credit function
- Highly numerate, with a relevant degree and excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities within a dynamic environment
Our recruitment process:
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious.
In general you can expect the below:
Stage 1 – 15-20 minute video call with our Talent Acquisition team.
Stage 2 – 45 minute interview with our Risk Director – Asset Management and Senior Credit Strategy Lead. This stage will include a task which we will give you prior to the interview. We’ll then ask you to present and discuss your findings within the interview.
Stage 3 (if required) – 30-45 minutes meeting further members of the team.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.