** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
Our Marketing team strive for simple, enduring ideas that are rooted in real human truths, and executed with brilliant craft.
And right now, we are looking for a Copywriter to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for writing and proofreading a wide range of marketing materials including digital/print ads, marketing emails/letters, policy books and other legal items across the insurance and personal finance divisions of Saga. You will be in a hands-on and established team of copywriters.
You will have solid experience of writing copy in agencies, publishers or in-house roles and be highly skilled in relevant software including Microsoft packages and Adobe Acrobat. You will bring effective communication skills and an ability to accurately proofread detailed copy across multiple channels.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a hands-on copywriter who thrives on consistently delivering great copy and experiences to colleagues and customers alike, then apply now!
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy within a defined brand tone of voice
- Clearly articulate and present ideas to generate excitement
- Write content pieces, articles and/or advertising to drive traffic across all areas of Marketing, e.g., Prospecting to Acquisition through to Retention
- Work in a close-knit partnership with the creative team to generate excellent concepts and ideas which can be rolled out across the business
- Study creative briefs to determine copy requirements, liaise with wider creative and copywriting community plus various stakeholders to manage copy output and the associated process of ensuring all copy is approved and compliant with all requirements
- Amend, revise, or develop copy in response to feedback from our Marketing and cross- functional stakeholders
- Solid experience of writing copy in agencies, publishers, or in-house roles
- Accurate proofreading of detailed copy across multiple channels
- Excellent communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Willing and able to challenge colleagues in an empathetic and professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines plus good time management
- The ability to minimise marketing and legal jargon to create conversational copy which engages with the audience
- Experience of implementing self-prompted research in current/upcoming industry trends and best-practice ways of working
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, especially across a diverse range of content types, e.g., T&Cs, print and digital ads, online/direct mailing, and policy books
- A positive, can-do approach to creative problem solving
- Sound copy judgement across Brand, Direct Response and Engagement
- Some experience within emerging media and performance-oriented brand copywriting
- Highly skilled in relevant software including Adobe Acrobat
- Skilled with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1379