Cook – Tynedale House – 24.5 hours
Tynedale House is a residential home rated Outstanding by CQC and provides excellent support and care to people with learning disabilities in both residential and respite settings.
We require an enthusiastic cook to join our existing catering team. This is a permanent position for 24.5 hours per week. This post is based on a shift pattern, working 7 hour shifts from 8am- 4pm (1hr lunch break), on a 2-week rota – Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun (week one) and Wed, Thur, Fri (week 2).
Enhancements are payable on this rota for weekend and bank holiday hours worked.
You must have a basic food hygiene certificate and knowledge of the tasks and operation of catering tools and equipment. Knowledge of Health and Safety and training in Manual Handling is also required. Additional training and support will be offered to any successful candidate.
You should have relevant experience of working in a kitchen to include food preparation, cooking and be willing to learn to/and prepare meals for specialised diets.
Salary Band 3 (24.5 hours equivalent £14,286 – £14,546) – £11.18 per hour.
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
• 25 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 30 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
• Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexi scheme for majority of role – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
• Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
• Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
• Car leasing scheme
Please note that the closing date for this post is midnight on 15th February 2023.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.