Aztec West, Bristol, Hybrid, Minimum of 3 days in office.
Are you someone who takes personal ownership and accountability for the work you do? Are you passionate about solving complex problems and driving pragmatic solutions? Are you able to grasp technical concepts with a questioning attitude? Are you known for your eye for detail? Are you looking for a career which is rewarding, and where you can really make a difference?
Join us as a Configuration Engineer and you’ll join one of the most ambitious projects in EDF, playing a key role in shaping our digital future, delivering innovative solutions that impact our organisation's growth and success and benefit the UK.
We are recruiting for a couple of Configuration Engineer’s, to provide professional, high quality engineering support to the Hinkley Point C Project (HPC) on behalf of the Plant Integration Function of the NNB Engineering Directorate and to ensure that the proposed design is compliant with UK regulations and context.
Providing technical assistance and managing activities so that the Configuration Management processes owned by Plant Integration are properly, adequately and efficiently implemented across the project.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary between £50,000 – £60,000, depending on experience, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
• Along with the rest of the Configuration Management Team, the role will be the preferred point
of contact within HPC in regard to configuration management processes. In particular, the technical
point of contact for Engineering Managers and Design Entities in regard to all configuration
• Coordinates contributions from HPC stakeholders to the progression of configuration management
processes including resolution of Open Points, Design Changes, referential changes, and
progressing agreements on Technical Interface attributes.
• Is responsible for controlling, supporting, overall steering and monitoring of the end-to-end
• Is involved in Design Handovers to NNB to ensure configuration control is maintained.
Who you are…
• Degree in a relevant science or engineering subject or strong technical background
• Experience within the Nuclear Industry would be advantageous.
• Experience of process development and application within engineering projects
• Understanding of equipment engineering requirements
• Knowledge of design processes and activities related to Nuclear Industry
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including CDM and Nuclear Site License
• Proficient organisational and Coordination skills
• Great communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
with internal and external stakeholders.
• Decision making and escalation ability for resolution of issues.
• Knowledge of budget and schedule management
You may also have any of the following:
• Knowledge of power station design is desirable (EPR or NPP)
• Knowledge of French is desirable.
Closing Date: 3rd March 2024
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.
#HinkleyPointCJobs#LI-Hybrid #DestinationNuclear #EDFNuclearJobs