Shift hours: Permanent
Conference, Events & Restaurant Assistant Manager – Maidstone, Kent
Competitive Salary – Full Time
At RA Venues, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK’s leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne’s in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Events and Restaurant Assistant Manager to support the Senior Conference, Events and Restaurant Manager to manage a highly trained team. You will deliver a great service in line within all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
As the Conference, Events & Restaurant Assistant Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Reporting to the Senior C&E and Restaurant Manager and to work closely with the Retail Manager
- Lead and manage Event Managers and a variable team.
- Hold daily briefings with team to engage them on key messages and encourage discussion
- To ensure a 5* service is always delivered
- Compile rotas in line with budget and business needs, making sure that we are not over or under staffed.
- Training, develop and upskill the team with focus on our bespoke guest experience programme SHINE
- Look for new trends within the market that can be introduced at Leeds Castle to develop our offering
- Seek opportunities to exceed customer and client expectations and increase the turnover
- Oversee the evening dinner service in our fine dining restaurant
- To meet wedding and event clients and to supervise food tastings and client details visits
- Administration of bookings using Open Table and KX, making sure that all customer/client details are accurate.
- Look at up-selling opportunities
- Overall responsibility for delivering excellent service in a fast paced high quality C&E operation with key segments of weddings, client events and meetings ensuring the highest standards and excellent customer service is adhered at all times.
- Ordering of Linen and Liquor for all events and restaurant requirements.
- Oversee the delivery of all C&E bookings making sure we upsell and fully understand the C&E requirements
- Operational experience in a first class profile venue delivering high quality standards.
- The ability to be equally proactive and reactive when required using a business mindset to consider all possible outcomes using business base thought processes
- Experience managing multiple events
- Eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills to both management, team members and guests
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Flexible working hours including weekends, bank holidays, evenings and unsociable hours
- Previous fine dining or five star experience
- Passion for delivering excellent guest experiences
- Experience in guest profiling and recognition;
- Proven leadership ability.
- Exceptional people skills, both customer facing and with other members of the team.
- An ability to work calmly under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Strict adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Own transport due to the relatively remote location/unsociable working hours on our site.
Location: Maidstone, Kent