Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
In this role, you’ll provide an excellent customer experience by taking a proactive approach to investigating and resolving a complaint; ensuring a good outcome.
This role will operate on a shift pattern of 37.5 hours per week (5 x 7.5hr shifts). The working hours for this role will take place in between the hours of 8am to 8pm, from Monday to Friday and in between the hours of 9am and 5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
This is a hybrid role, the first 6 weeks will be spent full time in our office, moving to 2 days per week, after this period.
The recruitment process:
Once we have reviewed your application, if we feel you have the skills and experience foe the role, we will invite you to an initial 20 minutes long phone interview.
After this, the final stage would be a video interview with our Complaints team, where they will discuss the role, your skills and experience in more detail and an answer any questions you may have about the role and what to expect!
- Balancing priorities- manage a pipeline of complaints
- Take ownership of complaints and make sure that fair outcomes are achieved for our customers.
- Empathise and acknowledge the customer’s concerns; communicate regularly as you investigate and resolve the complaint.
- Adapt to changing requirements which evolve as part of a growing business
- Work in conjunction with company policy and procedures
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Identify areas for process, policy and service improvements
Behaviours & Competencies:
- Resilience and positivity-An individual who views a situation with logic and perspective.
- Integrity- Always do the right thing for our customers, colleagues and Starling.
- A positive “can-do” attitude whilst working in a changeable environment.
- Effective communication style that’s adaptable to a diverse range of customers.
- The ability to listen and ask questions that get to the root cause of the problem.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Good judgement skills and the ability to make evidence-based accountable decisions.
- Proactive and demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise in a changing, busy environment.
- Excellent administrative skills
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.