Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity within our expanding Community Services for a Community Support Worker in Bristol and Pucklechurch. We are looking for someone to join our team of adaptable and motivated staff with great communication skills to help make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
The main purpose of your job is to support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society.
We are currently looking for a support worker to support an individual and thier young child. The individual uses a wheelchair, so typical support would be to help with some cleaning around the house, as well as enabling them to get out into the community with their young child. You must be happy to be hands on with the baby. The family live in Pucklechurch. Support will be on a Wednesday 9-3pm. There may be scope for increasing working hours if desired.
Support in the Bristol community services will involve working with people of various ages with complex communication needs. You will be community based and work with the same individuals each week. The successful candidate will be paid for the mileage and travel time inbetween people supported.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need care qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker / communicator guide, Initial training in communication and guiding (amongst other training offered) will be provided to ensure you are confident in supporting individuals with sight and hearing loss.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You require a full UK license with the use of your own vehicle.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions witho