Salary: £9.50 – £9.50
Shift hours: Full Time
- To provide a catering service of the highest standard as required.
- Deliver customer satisfaction at all times
- To manage, and motivate chefs
- Manage resources to deliver a quality service to meet all routine and function catering requirements specified by the client
- Prepare, cook and serve nutritious and appetising meals.
- To control and organise galley and ancillary departments in conjunction with other supervisors giving direction, advice and assistance to subordinates.
- Exercise economy of food, fuel and prevention of waste.
- To maintain the required personal hygiene and presentation standards at all times.
- To correctly prepare, cook and serve meals as per the daily menu, whilst complying with the Food Safety Act 1990 and Company Procedures.Portion control and presentation standards must also be adhered to.
- To report any equipment defects to the Head Chef/Catering Manager.
- To control and organise your shift with direction from the Senior Chef and accept your ‘role’ within the galley team.
- To ensure the correct storage and disposal of all food items as per Company Policy.Food should be used economically with minimum waste.Utilisation of fuel economy is required.
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serverys as directed by the Senior Chef.
- To ensure all food is cooked to the required temperature (Probe) for the minimum time stated.During service time all food presented for service must be held above minimum temperature, both requirements in accordance with the Food Safety Act 1990.All temperatures must be recorded as per the Quality System.
- To comply with handover procedures regarding incoming team members.All opening and closing down procedures, with particular emphasis on security, must be adhered to.
- To comply with all working instructions, identifying procedures when ordering and receiving goods, including communication of non-conformances.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Provision of all meals to the required standard of the Client/Company.
- Adhere to Company Quality Procedures, Health and Safety and Food Safety Regulations.
- Customer satisfaction.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company.
- City & Guilds 706, 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- Intermediate level Food Hygiene, HSWA and COSHH Certificates.
Contextual or other information
- Travel and overnight stay may be required to undertake training and other business requirements
- May be required to work unsociable hours in line with business requirements
- Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times
Location: Gateshead, Bensham, England