Salary: 39 Hours
Shift hours: Full Time
- Assisting in the production and service of food according to Service Level Agreement whilst maintaining correct levels of Health and Safety.
- Ensure that appropriate methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain the highest standards of production and service.
- To ensure all work areas and surfaces areas clean and tidy as is practical at all times, especially at the end of the day/shift.
- Ensure that legal and company regulations regarding hygiene, health and safety are complied with.
- To be responsible for completing the temperature & delivery records
- Assist with maintenance of goods received system to ensure statutory and quality standards are maintained.
- To assist the management when required with planning menus, rotas, orders, and receiving, checking and storing deliveries as requested. To complete the recipe on line planner and recipe cards for all main meals.
- To assist in organizing theme days / promotions
- Assist with the monitoring of production and wastage.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store and office when on duty.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests and use positive customer service practices.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards. Assist in pre service briefing of colleagues with regard to dish content, portion sizes, service utensils and accompaniments.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
- To assist in other local units as may be necessary in an emergency
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food,
or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft,
lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- NVQ 1 and 2 Preferably or City and Guilds
- Good interpersonal skills, calm nature
- Enthusiastic – Displays a natural and sustained enthusiasm and energy
- Self-Motivated – Needs no encouragement to make things happen
- Able to build and maintain relationships at all levels – Is able to communicate and build relationships within the team.
- Committed to Development – Demonstrates recognition of others contribution
- Positive – Focuses on what CAN be done
- Personal Appearance – Recognizes importance that appearance has on the attitudes of others
- Responsible – Conscious of the consequences of action or inaction
- Conscientious – Demonstrates a commitment to get things done on or before agreed deadlines
Location: Thatcham, Hermitage, England