Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Diet Chef to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Chef to develop their career with a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Responsable for production of meals for patients on Special Diets requested by the Turst Dietitian.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, Allergen free,low fibre, salt free, no added salt,Vegan, Low residue.
- To ensure that foods from different Cultures around the world: for example Asian, African, Caribbean meet the Client and Sodexo standards.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s) and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client’s, Customer’s and Sodexo’s satisfaction
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- literate and numerate
- 5706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
Location: Birmingham children’s Hospital, England