Salary: £10.08 – £10.08
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality of food for patients and restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Head Chef to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Head Chef.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Head Chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland