Salary: £21,276.20 + London weighting (monthly payment of £287.75)
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie to supervise and train residents within the Coffee Shop, Vita Nova and provide a catering service to staff and visitors; introducing everything from the basics of food delivery to specialist food preparation, baking and cooking..
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of meals for 600 residents twice daily in accordance to Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Maintain all food safety/ Health and Safety regulations.
- Provide Residents support to increase their Catering knowledge and pass a recognised Catering qualification.
- Follow instructions given by Catering Manager and Supervisor
- Provide support to residents whilst they work alongside you, sharing knowledge, skills, and training
- Increase prisoners’ employability and reduce re-offending
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
- Minimum Qualification City and Guilds 7132/06-07 or 706/2 diploma in food production and cooking or equivalent.
- Experience of industrial catering.
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in a prison or forces environment
- Experience of teaching or working with disadvantaged groups or in a Young Offender or prison environment.
Location: HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex, England