Salary: £12 – £12
Shift hours: Full Time
We are currently looking for a Catering Manager to join our team.
- To operate and develop the cateringestablishment within the terms of the catering policy, contract and budget, making the most efficient use of its resources.
- To ensure that the Company’s reputation for food quality and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To administer unit controls and keep records using the appropriate computer or manual systems.
- To recruit, train and manage the unit staff.
- All personnel assigned to work in the Catering establishment, irrespective of whether or not they are employees of the Company, in accordance with Company Personnel and Training Policies.
- The purchase of materials, consumables, non-consumables and light equipment within the limits of the budget and in accordance with Company Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
- The Catering Establishment’s premises and equipment, as defined by the Contract and in accordance with Company Health, Safety and Hygiene Policy.
- The security and reconciliation of cash, stock and employees’ wages in accordance with Company Finance and Administration Policies.
- To Plan, organise and control the establishments operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the appropriate standards as defined by the Area Manager/General Manager and the Client. To consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service by keeping abreast of developments in food service and production and customer needs and tastes.
- To assist the Area Manager/General Manager in preparing the Annual Budget. To achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with this budget (or any variation authorised by the Area Manager/General Manager). To produce cost/sales analyses when required by the Area Manager/General Manager.
- To ensure that merchandising procedures and aids are applied to sustain interest in the range of food and beverages being offered and that, when appropriate, effort is made to increase sales.
- To ensure that heavy duty kitchen equipment, light equipment, work areas, other facilities and general surroundings of the Establishment are maintained and operated to the standards required by the Statutory, Local Authority and Company health, Safety, Fire an Hygiene regulations and policies. Similarly, to ensure that the employees use safe methods of work and that no unauthorised person cleans/operates certain specified equipment.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client contact and with the Customers through regular personal contact, including representing the Company at any Catering or other meeting required by the Client. To report regularly to the Area Manager/General Manager matters discussed with the Client and Customers.
- To plan menus and order all foodstuffs and light equipment in accordance with the Company’s purchasing policy and procedures and to check and records the amounts, prices and condition of all supplies and deliveries. To avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs.
- To promote good staff relations and minimise labour turnover.
- To ensure that the Company Personal and Food Hygiene Policy and Procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches of Statutory or Local Authority regulations.
- To carry out clerical activities in respect of unit controls, records and wages using either a computer or paperwork systems in accordance with company policy and procedures. To account for all money spent and reconcile cash received, and all stocks purchased and used.
- To confirm to employment legislation and observe the Company’s Personnel and Training Procedures in respect of recruitment, selection, training, pay and conditions of employment, grievances and disciplinary matters.
Location: Solihull, England