Salary: £27,344 to £31,099
The Carbon Reduction Project Officer Role
£27,344 to £31,099 per annum
Full time – 37 hours per week
Do you want to play an active role in addressing climate change?
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated person to help deliver the Council’s Intelligently Green Plan; our action plan for reducing carbon emissions, tackling climate change and improving the natural environment. Our Intelligently Green agenda commits to not only reducing the council’s own emissions but to also help lower those within the wider community, and prioritises action on key areas such as energy, transport, habitat restoration, our policies and resource use.
Working in support of the Carbon Reduction Manager, you will be tasked with collaborating with colleagues across the council, as well as external partners, to deliver the actions and projects contained within the Intelligently Green plan. The role will work to ensure that carbon reduction is embedded in our relevant policies, service delivery and procurement decisions. Whilst this will involve working across many areas of the council’s work, there will be a particular focus for this role on active travel, building decarbonisation and monitoring of emissions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the environment, has a good knowledge of climate change issues at a national and local scale and an understanding of the part that local authorities can play. You should have demonstrable experience in a similar advocacy role involving working with a diverse range of teams and partners. Being able to communicate and engage with a wide range of people is key. The role will also require good data collection and analysis and the ability to clearly present and report findings. Specific experience delivering carbon reduction action plans and specific carbon reduction projects is desirable but not essential.
If you are the right person for this role, you must have:
- A good knowledge of climate change issues and key areas where decarbonisation is a priority
- A commitment to tackling climate change and environmental improvement
- Experience and skill in a similar advocacy role, with colleagues and partners from a wide range of disciplines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good research, data collection and data analysis skills
- Experience of project management, monitoring and reporting
- A positive, friendly and helpful approach
- The ability work on your own initiative and without the need to be closely supervised
A degree level qualification in a relevant subject (although suitable work based experience will also be considered in lieu of formal qualification)
What we can offer
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation which spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, protecting the environment, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
* Agile Working (40% minimum office based-subject to the needs of the service)
* Excellent pension scheme
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Options to purchase additional annual leave
* Regular job-specific training
To discuss the post or for further information, please contact Matt Barker, Carbon Reduction Officer by email – email@example.com by phone – 01684 862198
Closing date: Monday 10 April 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 19 April 2023