We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Management Executive to play a crucial part in supporting our expanding Bid Team. In this role, your responsibilities will span the entire bid lifecycle, covering both new opportunities and existing bids. The position is integral to IRIS, as it entails close collaboration with bid managers to oversee every facet of the bid process. This includes client communication through formal channels, as well as the management of tender responses and their subsequent stages.
As a Bid Management Executive, you will be an integral part of a tight-knit team, collectively championing best practices and ensuring the highest quality in our formal bid responses. While prior experience within a bid team is advantageous, your exceptional organisational and administrative skills will be highly valuable.
Your role will encompass comprehensive support for all aspects of the overarching bid process, offering you the opportunity to take the lead in managing smaller bids from inception to completion.
Please note: this position is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
What will you be doing?
As a Bid Management Executive in this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Identifying, monitoring, and communicating potential bid opportunities to the team.
- Managing the bid team's inbox efficiently.
- Coordinating proposal kick-off and review meetings, including action item identification, tracking, and ensuring team members meet deadlines and requirements.
- Facilitating the proposal production process by collaborating with contributors from various departments.
- Customising templates and documents to align with customer criteria.
- Generating draft bid responses using pre-existing content from the bid library.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, including sales, pre-sales, legal, product, and professional services, to gather bid input within specified timeframes.
- Maintaining and updating the bid content library with new, refreshed, or expanded content from recent bids.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideal for candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (including VLOOKUP function), at a high level of competence.
- Prior experience working within a bid team (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and project management abilities
- Sharp attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Team-oriented with a track record of meeting challenging deadlines
- Flexible, adept at multitasking, and skilled in prioritisation under pressure
- Self-motivated, ensuring the delivery of quality service both internally and externally
- Adaptable, capable of working independently or collaboratively within a team
- Highly organised and attentive to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills and clear, concise communication
- Proven team player with the ability to work under strict deadlines.
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Location: UK Remote