Associate Director of Finance (Part time – Job Split)
We’re looking for someone with the passion to manage Bristol SU’s finance function to ensure maximum impact for students now and in the future.
As a key advisor to the Chief Executive and a member of the Senior Management Team you will be responsible for making -strategic financial decisions, leading on budget setting, quarterly reforecasting, and the delivery of other key management information. You will be joint head of the finance team, providing support and guidance in all areas of the finance function where required but mostly in the areas of management information, strategic planning, and resource allocation. You will line manage the Finance Business Partner who will prepare monthly management accounts and support Directors and Heads of service areas in making key financial decisions.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the activities and strategies within your area contribute towards the vision, mission, values and strategic direction of the organisation and to deliver against Bristol SU’s charitable objects.
What’s the job?
Role: Associate Director of Finance (job split)
Hours: Part time 21 hours per week (0.6FTE) or similar
Salary: £53k-£59k per annum, pro-rata £32k-£35k
Closing date: 10am on Monday 4 March 2024
Interviews: w/c 11 March 2024
Start date: March 2024
Location: Hybrid, Clifton office
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – Bristol SU is a seriously fun place to work. Our professional staff do something extraordinary every day: we support student leaders to give people a voice in their education, help people get the most out of their student experience and help people make the change they want in the world. We have over 26,000 members, 400 clubs and societies, a diverse range of professional services, and an innovative strategy that will help to create an inclusive and supportive University community.
What will you bring?
- You will be a qualified CCAB accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- You’ll have significant experience in financial accounting including the completion of year end statutory accounts alongside annual audit expertise.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills alongside intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills and a good working knowledge of accounting packages.
- You have significant experience of producing written reports and presentations to a high standard.
- You will be a strong leader with a keen eye for detail with well-developed team management skills.
- You will be a self-starter, with a hands-on and proactive approach, ready to adapt quickly to a busy and diverse working environment.
- You will have experience of working alongside a broad range of stakeholders at a senior level and ideally with some charity experience.
- You will be confident leading on ad hoc finance projects, supporting the Chief Executive and other stakeholders.
- You will welcome the opportunity of working in close collaboration in a job-split role requiring mutual support and shared responsibility.
- You show commitment to your own personal development and the development of those around you.
Because you’re excited to make a difference!
We offer lots of great benefits including enhanced pay for parents taking maternity, adoption or shared parental leave, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector, a generous pension scheme and at least 40 days’ holiday. We’re committed to helping you achieve a healthy work-life balance through flexible working and are open to considering requests for part-time working. We provide professional training so that whatever your chosen field of work, with the right mix of challenge and support, you’ll gain fantastic experience, and room to develop and advance your career.
We are proud to have been recognised through numerous accreditations and awards that demonstrate our commitment to creating a positive and supportive culture. We have appeared in the Inclusive Companies top 100 list and have won a number of awards for our commitment to diversity, including best Students’ Union. We also won a Third Sector Excellence Award at the 2018 Investors in People Awards. No wonder 93% of our employees would recommend Bristol SU as a great place to work!
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are central to life at Bristol SU. We approach our work with positivity and celebrate our diverse and unique communities. Our people are proud of our values and care about creating diverse and supportive communities that are inclusive of age, disability, gender, identity, race, religion, sexual orientation and experience.
Be yourself, be proud of the work you do and build a career in a place that knows different is good.
Closing Date: 10am Monday 4 March 2024
Shortlisting: 6 March 2024
Interviews: w/c 11 March 2024
For general enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.